Exercise Extreme Caution when using many of our free forms - or any legal material. While they may provide general ideas on format & content, validity requirements can and do vary greatly from state to state. Many MUST be Properly Modified for your own location and circumstances. (Hint: If in doubt it's usually safer to include unneeded clauses than to leave out necessary ones. . . . but it's even safer to consult a competent source or use current, state specific ones like ours mentioned below.) Also, we urge people (and lawyers too) to read our Relying On Legal Info FAQ.
The Current Page is: Employee Non-disclosure of Trade Secrets
Employee Non-disclosure of Trade Secrets
As part consideration for being employed by [name of employer],
the employer, the undersigned employee agrees and acknowledges:
1. That during my course of employment trade secrets of the
employer may be disclosed to me. Trade secrets include, but are
not limited to, technical information regarding products and
services, business information such as customer lists, pricing
data, sources of supplies or materials, production data,
merchandising plans, and accounts.
2. I will not either during or at any time after termination of
employment with employer use for myself or others, or disclose
to others any trade secrets, confidential information, or any
other confidential or sensitive data of the employer.
3. On the termination of my employment with the employer, I will
immediately return all documents, supplies, equipment, lists,
etc. that belong to the employer.
4. The employer may notify any future or prospective employer of
the existence of this agreement.
5. This agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit
of the parties, their successors, and personal representatives.
* * * * * * * * * * No one connected with the 'Lectric Law Library, including Sponsors, Advertisers, & Content Providers,
necessarily Endorses, Warrants or Approves of any of its material. Also, Library content is NOT meant
to provide Specific Legal Advice, or to Solicit or Establish Any Kind of Professional-Client Relationship.