Exercise Extreme Caution when using many of our free forms - or any legal material. While they may provide general ideas on format & content, validity requirements can and do vary greatly from state to state. Many MUST be Properly Modified for your own location and circumstances. (Hint: If in doubt it's usually safer to include unneeded clauses than to leave out necessary ones. . . . but it's even safer to consult a competent source or use current, state specific ones like ours mentioned below.) Also, we urge people (and lawyers too) to read our Relying On Legal Info FAQ.
This Agreement entered into this ____ day of ______________ ,20__ by and between:
[Fict./dba/Owner Name] ("Owner").
Witnessed: That for the consideration of lease payments and covenants adherence on the part of the Tenant, the Owner leases to the Tenant, and the Tenant hires from the Owner, for residential use only, the premises known as [Street Address] Unit # ____, [City/State/Zip]. Lease payment is due in advance on the first (1st) day of each month and every month at $___________ per month beginning the first (1st) day of___________. If the first month's lease payment is adjusted, the sum of $______________ has been received by Owner for the period of _______________________ to _____________________.
The Tenant further agrees:
1. If monthly lease payment or any payment is not received by the first (1st) of the month, the Tenant will pay a fee of [Late Fee] of lease payment to help defray the cost of collection. The term of this Agreement is one year. It can be terminated at any time by Owner if Tenant violates any agreement with Owner. After one year this Agreement becomes month to month, and Tenant must give notice to Owner at least one month before vacating the premises. If Tenant vacates the residence before the end of one year, the security will be forfeited. If Tenant fails to give timely notice or vacates before the end of one year, Tenant will be liable until the house is released.
2. $_________ has been deposited as security by Tenant. Owner may use therefrom such amounts as are reasonably necessary to remedy Tenant defaults in the payment of lease or other obligation, to repair damages to the premises caused by Tenant, their guests or invitees exclusive of ordinary wear and tear, to repair or replace Inventory listed in paragraph 19 herein, to clean the premises if necessary upon the termination of tenancy, or any other obligation provided for herein. No later than two (2) weeks after termination of tenancy and vacancy, the Owner shall send to Tenant an itemized written statement of the basis for, and the amount of, any security received and the disposition of such security and shall return any remaining portion of such security to Tenant at Tenant's last known address. It is understood that the security deposit is not and will not be used as the last month's lease payment.
3. Without the Owner's prior written consent, the premises shall be occupied only by the undersigned adults and ______ children. If any additional persons in excess of the number herein specified occupy the premises, Tenant agrees to pay additional lease payment in the amount of $_____ per month for each such additional person, but no such additional person may occupy the premises without Owner's written consent.
4. Tenant shall not keep or permit to be kept in said premises any dog, cat, parrot or other bird or animal. In the event a pet is allowed by Owner the lease will be increased $_____ per month and the security deposit will be increased $_____.
5. Tenant shall not violate any governmental law in the use of such premises, permit waste or nuisance, annoy, molest, or interfere with any neighbor.
6. No repairs, decorations or alterations shall be done without Owner's prior written consent. Decorations include but are not limited to painting, wallpapering, hanging of ceiling lamps, pictures and posters.
7. No portion of said premises may be sublet nor this Agreement assigned.
8. Tenant has inspected the premises, furnishings and equipment and has found the same to be satisfactory. All plumbing, heating, and electrical are operative. In addition, the items listed in paragraph 19 are in satisfactory condition and as inventoried. TENANT AGREES THAT INVENTORY SHALL BE KEPT IN GOOD WORKING ORDER AT TENANT'S SOLE EXPENSE.
9. To keep the premises clean, sanitary and in good working order and repair during the term of this tenancy, and to surrender the same in like condition exclusive of ordinary wear and tear.
10. To pay for all utilities, services and charges including gas, electricity, made by or predicated upon the occupancy of residence. Tenant shall be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of drapes, curtains and carpets. Tenant shall not enter into a contractual agreement with a cable TV company other than on a month to month basis with the cable company for which the house is wired.
11. Not to store or use hazardous waste or chemicals in or about the premises.
12. The undersigned Tenant, whether or not in actual possession of the premises, is jointly and severely liable for all lease payments incurred during the term of this Agreement, and for all damages to the premises caused by or permitted by Tenant, their guests and invitees.
13. Tenant agrees to maintain the lawn, gardens and landscaping in its original condition at all times during the term hereof. Tenant agrees to pay the cost of restoration, if any and maintenance.
14. If any legal action or proceeding be brought by either party to enforce any part of this Agreement, the prevailing party shall recover, in addition to all other relief, reasonable costs, including attorney's fees, whether or not the action proceeds to judgment.
15. The Owner or his representative may enter the premises in case of an emergency, to make necessary or agreed repairs, decorations, alterations, or improvements, to supply necessary or agreed services, to exhibit the premises to prospective or actual purchasers, tenants, workmen or contractors. Except in the case of an emergency, the Owner shall give Tenant twenty-four (24) hours notice, and shall enter during normal business hours.
16. All additions signed by Owner and Tenant which may contain credit information, house rules, and/or pertinent information conforming to Owner's policy form an integral part of this Agreement, and upon signing, the Tenant endorses the fact that he has read the Agreement in its entirety and has received a copy thereof.
17. Owner shall in no way be liable if, through no fault of Owner, the premises cannot be delivered upon commencement date. In this event, the Tenant's lease shall abate until said possession is given or made available. This Agreement shall not be terminated by reason of any interruption of or interference with, services or accommodations due Tenant caused by strike, riot, orders of public authorities, acts of other tenants or neighbors, acts of God, accident, the making of repairs, or any other cause beyond Owner's control.
18. It is understood by Tenant that Tenant's personal effects are not insured by Owner and that Tenant may insure their own personal property with their own policy. Tenant agrees that Owner shall not be responsible or liable in any way for injury to any person, or loss of or damage to any article belonging to Tenant located on the premises under control of Owner.
20. Time is of the essence. This constitutes the entire agreement between the parties. All representations are expressed herein. Owner, however, reserves the right, and Tenant agrees to extend the right to Owner, to make reasonable rules and regulations in addition to the present covenants and rules which, in the Owner's judgment, may become necessary.
21. Each and all provisions hereof shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of their heirs, executors, administrators, successors, or assignees of Owner, and the heirs, executors, and administrators of Tenant, and upon the assigns of Tenant if any assignment has been made with the Owner's written consent.
22. In this Agreement, whenever the contents require to conform to the facts, the masculine gender includes the feminine and/or neuter, and the singular number includes the plural.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this Agreement in duplicate on the day, month and year first abovewritten.
The Current Page is: