PREMIUM LEGAL RESOURCES
ASK A LAWYER
Lease Payment Addendum
Send all payments to: [Fict./dba/Owner Name]
As you are aware, all lease payments are due and payable and must be received by us at the above address no later than the first (1st) day of each month. This is because bills for this [Apartment/House/Condo] must be paid by the owners on the first also. Therefore, your timely payment of your lease means bills for this [Apartment/House/Condo] will be paid on time. A NOTICE OF EVICTION FOR NON-PAYMENT OF RENT WILL BE SERVED IMMEDIATELY ON THE THIRD DAY OF THE MONTH. The management has no authority to waive this notice of eviction.
We suggest that, in order to avoid mail delays, you place your lease payment in the mail no later than the 28th of the month. We cannot be responsible for mail delays. To assist you in making timely payments and avoiding mail delays, we will accept postdated checks. You may send each monthly check in early or a number of checks at one time. Each check will not be deposited until the first (1st) of the month.
Any tenant that pays rent late two (2) months in a row must provide us with postdated checks. This will apply to all tenants. No partial payment of rent will be accepted.
The following summarizes the conditions relating to your [Apartment/House/Condo] lease:
1. All lease checks are due on the first day of each month.
2. All checks received after that date are delinquent and will accrue a late charge of [Late Fee] in order to defray the cost of collection.
3. All returned checks are subject to a [Bounce Check Fee] service charge.
4. Any returned check must be covered in cash or cashier's check, and must include the late charge of [Late Fee].
5. All late security deposits accrue a late charge of [Late Fee].
Please sign and date this form.