MISC. RELATED MATERIALS
COURT CASES AND LAWS
LEGALIZE - DECRIMINALIZE 'EM
NO WAY!! KEEP 'EM ILLEGAL
SAN ANTONIO, TX. (1996) 45 year-old Amy Brasher was arrested after a mechanic reported to police that 18 bags of marijuana were packed in the engine compartment of the car which she had brought in for an oil change. According to police, Brasher later said that she didn't realize that the mechanic would have to raise the hood to change the oil.
We've assigned 7 of our top Drug & Alcohol reporters to research & answer some questions this story raises, including:
* Does this incident prove that pot really DOES MAKE YOU STUPID?
* If Amy didn't know cars need oil changes prior to using the evil weed does it prove the opposite?
* Could it be possible that Texas itself causes stupidity [currently the leading hypothesis]?
* Are Texas mechanics specially trained to find & identify engine compartment pot? And if not, why not?
* What combination of all, some, or none of these was why George Bush Jr. was elected Texas Governor?
* What about Texas dopers who only have bicycles? Where do they keep their stash?